Widney Ear Flap Hat

I really wanted a hat with earflaps that looked cute but without a pom pom on top.


After searching for crochet patterns, I just couldn't find what I wanted. I finally found this pattern and was thrilled! It was exactly what I wanted. 

Ron Weasley Animal Crackers Hat

But when I followed the Ron Weasley Animal Crackers Hat pattern, I made the hat too big and it did not turn out well. Not well at all. It's not the pattern, it's me.

So I went to my old faithful - my very own original Husband Hat Pattern

I used a bulky weight wool blend and an H hook.
I added a different color a couple times for a couple rows to mix it up a bit. Then I added the earflaps and from the first pattern I tried (see above). 

And this is what I ended up with...


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say, that I really like your hat, and also that I think you're my twin lol. Seriously. I was looking for a crochet hat pattern and saw your picture, and I just had to tell you.

    ReplyDelete